Toys are items kids play with during their leisure time. Play time for kids is very necessary, because even while they are relaxing after a day of school and chores, they learn new skills. Depending on the kind of toy you buy for your son or daughter, these items come in handy for quite a lot of things. Dolls for example, help your kids to build emotional attachment to things. Stuffed toys make kids feel comfortable and safe. Colored letter toys are a good way to play and learn, even at a young age. Lego bricks help to build the mind, and improve thoughts and strategizing in kids. Another very healthy benefit of building blocks is that when it comes to holding the pencil to write properly, your kids have a head start because of all the muscle strength developed when they play with Legos. And of course, there are balls which help kids to exercise and move about even without realizing it.
When buying children toys, note that there is an age grade and a kind of toy a toddler would like might not appeal to a little baby. Therefore, it is important to know what your child would like to play with.
• Toys for infants, i.e kids less than a year tend to chew their toys a lot. They are also very impressionable so colors, sounds and feel of the toys would appeal to them a lot. Go for rattles ad squishy toys.
• Toys for toddlers, i.e kids from 1-3, love to play. They have a lot of excess energy and want to see and do everything. They also love to imitate the things they see too so if they see you cooking, they want to cook. Puzzle toys, dollhouse sets, balls, ride on cars would work well. If you have more than one kid around the same age, board games are good for socializing.
• Toys for preschoolers, i.e from 3-5, want to know how things work and why they work that way. They also like to practice life skills and imitate. Toy phones, wooden toys like furniture sets, doll houses, board games, construction sets would be great for them to play and learn while at it.
• Toys for school children (5 to 9 years): these kids have begun school and have classmates, hence it is time to teach the lesson of team play and independence as well. Toys where they have to share and learn should be introduced. Sports toys, easy tech software, board games, math toys and the likes should be encouraged.
• Toys for preteens (9 to 12 years): these set of kids are not necessarily interested in toys anymore and have their own personality now. But still, puzzles, board games and activity kids can be used to engage them, and their friends.
Buying kids toys online is now easier with all these in mind. And the importance of toys and playing for kids cannot be overemphasized. One might think that letting kids play is a waste of time but when your kids play, they laugh a lot, learn to interact and socialize with other kids, develop and learn new skills and at the end of the day, these help to build who they become and their personality.
Shop online now for the appropriate fun toys for your kids on Tanzania's no 1 online marketplace and give them a childhood of fun and education.