Return a product with Jumia
Being a safe marketplace, Jumia is highly dedicated to enable trusted relationship between our buyers and sellers. To improve buying experience on Jumia, our sellers set their own return policies defining time period of returns. The following information will guide you through your seller's provided return policy and show you how to initiate the return of your product.
● Before ordering a product on Jumia, the buyer is advised to check the return policy for this particular product on the product page.
- 1. Find the product you like on Jumia
- 2. Take a look at the listing details
- 3. Click on RETURN POLICY to see the return policy of the seller on this specific product
● Return Policy Framework
● Jumia sellers have to choose between five return policies for their products listed on Jumia :
- 1. Return accepted within 3 days, only for damaged or wrong products
- 2. Return accepted within 7 days
- 3. Return accepted within 14 days
- 4. Return accepted within 21 days
- 5. Return accepted within 30 days
● Jumia will offer a refund as the compensation method.
● General rules for transactions made on Jumia:
- 1. Any return request should be made directly from the buyer’s Jumia account
- 2. Products should be returned in the exact same condition as received with no visual signs of use. They should be returned in the original packaging along with all accessories (including manuals, warranty cards, certificate of authenticity) and free gifts received with it
- 3. Buyers bear all shipping costs for the return, with exception to cases where buyer received a wrong or damaged product
- 4. Refunds are initiated based on seller’s individual return policy, after Jumia receives the returned product from the buyer
● Raise the return request in your Jumia account:
● Visit "My Account" > "My Purchases" > "Purchases History". Above the "Contact Seller" box below the product you wish to return, Click on "Ask for Refund".
- ● A customer service agent will contact you directly after raising your request:
- ● The customer service agent will ask you a few questions about your return request and then advise you on the next steps ● Make sure to confirm the refund or replacement in "My Account" > "My Purchases" > "Pending Transactions" once you receive your compensation. Click on "confirm refund".
● Returns Tips for Buyers
- 1. Do not accept packages that are damaged, ripped, opened or in bad condition upon delivery. You can always refuse delivery without paying the delivery fees
- 2. If the product is broken or does not match the product description/pictures on the website, contact the seller as soon as possible
- 3. While returning a product, make sure to keep the tracking number that you received from the delivery company. This will help you prove that you actually returned the product
- 4. Share your experience with us: Rate your seller and write a review. This is a very powerful way to promote good and reliable sellers, while raising awareness within the Jumia Community on unreliable sellers. Future Jumia buyers will thank you
- 5. Jumia strongly recommend that you buy from sellers with high ratings and positive comments
- 6. If you don't see any compensation option displayed in "Purchases History", it means that the return policy of your seller has expired. At this point, you can always arrange for the return directly with your seller, but we won’t be able to provide assistance
● If you are unable to initiate the return process, please contact customer service.
● Our customer service Agent will be on standby to provide necessary assistance.
● Again, make sure to confirm refund in "My Account" > "My Purchases" > "Pending Transactions" once you receive the compensation. Click on "confirm refund".